Experienced and novice scuba divers alike will enjoy the diveristy of scuba diving available at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort. Get face to face colorful fish in their natural environment and explore ship wrecks from days gone by. Or dive the wall at Conception Island Marine Park — a protected sanctuary that is home to every conceivable underwater plant, mammal and fish.
If you’re a first time diver, the resort can arrange a dive course to help get your feet wet. All scuba diving expeditions at Cape Santa Maria use leading edge equipment, and are led by our experienced dive crew.
Scuba Diving sites include:
- Barracuda Heads, 25 minutes via boat. See large coral reef formation with swim through tunnel
- Angel Fish Reef, 20 minutes via boat. See gray & queen angel fish, tiger grouper, spotted and green moray eel.
- Turtle Heads, 20 mintes via boat. See Hawks bill and Green sea turtles and large sting rays.
- Flamingo Tongue Reef, 12 minutes via boat. Great for beginner divers. See schools ov yellow goat fish, snapper, scorpion fish, sting ray and parrot fish.
- Comberback, 15 minutes via boat. See a ship wreck over 30 years old. There’s lots of soft coral, sponges, tiger grouper, tropical fish and the occassional Black Tip Reef shark and sea turtle.
- Conception Island, 85 minutes via boat. Visit the Island Marine Park for lunch and explore the beach. The Wall has forests of Elk Horn Coral, sea turtles, blue parrot fish, reef shark, manta ray, Angel fish, sting rays and more.