This Privacy Statement applies to https://www.capesantamaria.com owned and operated by Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our website: https://www.capesantamaria.com It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this data.
The types of personal data that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities, or any other services used);
- Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests, or promotional offers;
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Data We Collect Automatically
When using our website, we also collect information automatically, some of which may be personal data. This includes data such as language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device OS, log information, time of usage, URL requested, status report, user agent (information about the browser version), operating system, result (viewer or booker), browsing history, user Booking ID, and type of data viewed. We may also collect data automatically through cookies.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the website that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card. It is not a program and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Cookies can also customize the site to your particular interests or store your personal information – like passwords or user IDs. If a site ever greets you with your name, chances are it’s using a cookie to do so.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie – this gives you the chance to decide whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to change your settings, please use the help function in your browser. The alerts will be quite frequent, however, and may eventually become annoying.
When entering the Site or viewing our targeted advertisements, we automatically collect data using Cookies.
The types of information that we collect through Cookies include IP address; device ID; viewed pages; browsing information; browser type; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; the referring URL; and location data depending on the device you use.
More information on Cookies: Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. We place Cookies on your computer if you visit our website. If you are concerned about having Cookies on your device, you can set your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, letting you decide whether to accept it or not. You can also delete Cookies from your device. However, if you choose to block or delete Cookies, certain features of the websites you visit might not operate correctly.
More information on pixel tags: Pixels (also known as “web beacons”‘ or “clear gifs”) are electronic files that usually consist of a single-pixel image and can be embedded in a web page or in an email to send information, e.g. a newsletter. We may use pixels to place or recognize a Cookie on your device if you use our services.
Third-party Cookies: We allow certain third parties to place Cookies. If you have questions about which Cookies are used and which parties place these Cookies, contact us using the contact details set out below.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal data to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact data to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to pick the accommodations that suits them best
- If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your data for marketing activities, as permitted by law. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services or other offers we think may be of interest to you), we include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future.
- Other Communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, mail, phone, or texting, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you’ve made.
- If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or filling in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website. We believe this additional service is useful to you and to us, as we will be able to improve our website based on your feedback
- Analytics, Improvements, and Research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research (including to third-parties) in anonymous, aggregated form. We use your personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- Security, Fraud Detection, and Prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or infringing activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
- Legal and Compliance: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s), or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from otherwebsites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics to gather information about users usage of the site. We utilize this information to make educated metric-based decisions to improve the user experience of the site. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Who We Share Your Data With
- Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/)
- Hothouse Marketing (https://hothousemarketing.com/)
- Sharing with third parties
- We share your personal data with third parties as permitted by law and as described below, including service providers acting on our behalf. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- Competent authorities
- We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
International Data Transfers
The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, we shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards. You can ask us to see a copy of these clauses using the contact details below.
How We Protect Your Data
Your data is encrypted and is maintained by staff who have been trained in data protection.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have in Place
Cape Santa Maria and Hothouse Marketing observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of information, including personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information including personal data. We also use security procedures, technical, and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We will retain your information, which may include personal data, for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, contact us using the contact details included below.
There is a difference between session Cookies and permanent Cookies. Session Cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent Cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve Cookies or allow the serving of Cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances (e.g. for security purposes including fraud detection) and where absolutely necessary, a Cookie will have a longer lifespan. If you have questions about specific retention periods, contact us using the contact details included below.
Your Choices and Rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you.
In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you’ve given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data, subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate, and current. Be sure to inform us as soon as possible regarding any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting [email protected]. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable law.
What Automated Decision Making and/or Profiling We Do With User Data
This website aggregates user data to build advertising profiles in order to serve you relevant advertising. These profiles contain no identifying characteristics.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us at [email protected] . You can also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business changes constantly, this Privacy Statement may also change for time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Privacy Statement from time to time, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to see the changes. If we make material changes or changes that will have an impact on you (e.g. when we start processing your personal data for purpose other than those set out above), we will contact you prior to starting that processing.